What This Blog Is About


What This Blog Is About

Most web sites and blogs about Direct Sales / Network Marketing / MLM focus overwhelmingly on the negative - what's wrong with it, bad experiences, scams, etc. This blog is different. While we discuss the Three Fatal Flaws and other problems with current industry practices, our focus is on positive and pragmatic SOLUTIONS.

Our Vision: To reform and transform this noble and time-tested industry into a positive force for good that powerfully and effectively serves and supports the best and highest good of people, community and planet.

Friday, June 12, 2015

Why Does Something That Should Work, Not Work?

I began asking this question eight years ago, not long after joining my first network marketing company.

I'd fallen in love with the products. I'd fallen in love with the company. I'd fallen in love with the opportunity. I went to the rallies. I made my list and did as I was told. I followed the system, made the calls, gave one-on-ones, brought people to meetings.

The result? A resounding THUD! (The sound of failure and disappointment, that is.) 

I didn't expect to get rich overnight. In fact, my initial goal was simply to earn $500 a month to help pay my mortgage.

I didn't think it would be easy. I was in the midst of building a consulting practice and understood that creating a successful business takes time, hard word and persistence.

What surprised me was the lack of concrete results in terms of customers, team and profits. I gained a handful of customers, whom I served and appreciated. No one I talked to wanted to join the business - once they realized it was network marketing, they responded with a swift "No."

Over time, as I observed the meetings, researched the industry, examined the system and tried numerous ways to make it work, I reached the conclusion that something was inherently wrong. At the same time, however, I became more and more convinced of the promise and potential the industry offered.

My mission then became to put my 20+ years of business analysis and process improvement experience to work, figuring out what was wrong, how to fix it, and how to make it work for people like me - average people who want to create a better life for themselves and their family. Eight years later, after much research, experience, and with the help of amazing people contributing their wisdom and ideas, a solution to making it work became clear.

Now it's time to flesh out the details and put the solution to the test in the real world. I'm like a scientist or researcher that excels at developing ideas and theories in an academic setting. I also excel at project management and team leadership. However, I need the assistance of colleagues who excel at building and selling and doing, who will collaborate with me to put the solution to the test in the marketplace. (The beauty of collaboration and teamwork - we bring our unique, complementary strengths to the table and work together to accomplish great things.) 

This blog is dedicated to spreading the word about what we want to accomplish, documenting our team's efforts and creating a community of like-minded people who see the vision and will help bring it to life around the world.